Oilean Beo is a community-based service for a small group of individuals who need a medium level of support. Our aim is to provide community based services increasing integration for the group being supported.
We have a wide range of programmes and activites, some of which are FETAC recognised.
- Community based programmes e.g. gardening, Kerry Education and Training Board (KETB) Literacy and Numeracy classes, Health and Nutritional activities e.g. attending local gym, cookery, etc
- Participating in local fundraising e.g. local markets, parades
- Person Centred Weekly Activities incorporating Risk Management, Personal Outcome Measures (POM’s) and/or Multi Element Behaviour Support (MEBS) individualised goals e.g. Sensory activities, Arts and Crafts, Personal Development, etc.
- Supported Employment & Work Experience
- Social and Recreational participation in bowling, drama, cinema, discos, dining out etc.
- Supporting medical/health related needs e.g. annual yearly health screening, attending GP/Consultants appointments etc.
- Working in partnership with local community agencies e.g. North and East Kerry Development- Co-operative Activities, Kerry Sports Initiative – ‘Swim for All’